DC2200 Refrigerated Chiller
Temperature control within an aquarium is an important parameter in helping to reduce stress on fish and corals where high temperatures or excessive temperature variations can result in coral bleaching or death. D-D have been supplying chillers for several years that provide high efficiency, proven reliability and economy with respect to both running and initial purchase costs.
The new DC2200 refrigerated chiller is compact enough to fit in most cabinets but has a cooling capacity of 2200W making ideal for aquariums of 1200 lts at a 10°C temperature drop to 2100 lts with a 5°C temperature drop.
- Microcomputer control - for accuracy and ease of use with a built in temperature memory system in the case of a power failure. Integral over temperature cut off.
- Pure TITANIUM heat exchanger /evaporator - for it's extreme anti corrosion properties in a saltwater environment.
- Low running noise
- High efficiency, latest generation cooler - for low running costs.
- Superior quality condenser - for reliability and low noise.
- Robust metal chassis - for strength and anti vibration properties
- Contemporary housing design - to fit with most decors.
- Cooling Power - 2200W
- Voltage - 220-240V
- Frequency - 50Hz
- Current - 3.2A
- Water refrigerated - 1000-2200lts
- Refrigerant - R134a
- Water flow - 1000-2500 lts/hr
- Weight - 31.3Kg
- Dimensions - 520 x 400 x 480mm (Not including hosetail fittings)
- Compressor design - rotary compressor
The performance chart below shows the cooling curve for the DC2200 working on an aquarium of 1000 litres of water which starts at a water temperature of 28°C. You can see the drop in temperature of the aquarium hour by hour as it is recirculated through the cooler.
The ambient air temperature in the room remains at 30°C throughout the test.
The chart shows that the temperature of the water is reduced by 10°C in a period of 12 hours.
Note that no heat from lighting or other equipment is added to the water mass during the test.
Chiller protected by an external 13amp fused plug, no internal fuse required.